Sunday, August 3, 2008

"I Want My Tea"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNv6pBV7yEE

Family reunions bring out the best--the best people, the best food, the best stories. And now, the best video.

Chapman Welch, a talented second cousin, soon will be Dr. Welch with a Ph.D. in music. He and wife Jennifer, graduates of North Texas State University in Denton, are vying to win an internet competition that would help finance their advanced studies--his in music, hers in pharmacy at University of Houston.

If you haven't yet, please watch their video. Every "hit" counts toward winning the competition. Chapman and Jennifer are the creators and performers on "I Want My Tea." Good luck to this pair, who're two of our family's best claims to "musical genius."

Others vying for that distinction include Ernie Welch, a bluegrass picker and singer in Corinth, MS (one of Chapman's two older brothers), along with our first cousin Dr. Buddy Hardy, a Jackson, MS physician and church musician, and his daughter Erin, a talented, gorgeous Nashville singer. Winners, all, in my book!

P.S. Did I forget to say the annual Chapman Family Reunion took place in Raymond, MS yesterday? We're all sprung from John Chapman (1788-1848), a large landholder who settled in western Hinds County, MS in the early 19th century. A bunch of Chapman descendants, including my brother and me, still own and occupy parts of the original
purchase.

1 comment:

Jon said...

Very nice post! I visited your cousins' video spot on You Tube and left a comment there. I loved it...very clever, crafty, creative, etc.

Jon on 8-4-08