Saturday, September 6, 2008

Eek!! Ike!!


"Hurricane Hell." Another name for any of the Gulf Coast or Eastern Seaboard states about now.

We in Mississippi were just about to relax, take a breather and congratulate ourselves on dodging Gustav and Hanna, when Ike shows up and is scaring hell out of us. He's already at Category 4. Imagine his strength if he crosses Gulf of Mexico's warm waters.

Before I retired a year ago this week, I told friends that while I was happy with my decision to move home and live closer to family, I feared living in hurricane/tornado alley. Now I remember why!

Cross your fingers and say your prayers, please. We're searching this minute for a crucifix to ward off Ike the Evil!


1 comment:

Ann Kurzius said...

I'm losing track of all these 'canes. Did Ike wreak havoc there? Curious minds wanna know.