Thursday, December 27, 2007

Rising Sun, Maryland

After my career in Montana, I moved to Maryland, settling first in the Chesapeake Bay town of North East, where I rented a bayside cottage for two years. I soon found and purchased a lovely home in Rising Sun, Maryland, one of the oldest settlements in Cecil County. For six years, I negotiated teacher contracts in Cecil, Kent and Queen Anne's Counties before moving to Prince George's County outside Washington, D.C. There I remained for the duration of my career with Maryland State Teachers Association. I retired in August 2007 and returned to my native Mississippi.

1 comment:

Mike said...

Hi Nancy:

I'm blogging from Cecil County, MD and just happened to trip across your piece on Rising Sun. You've not an nice site there.

I'm with the county historical society and we've set up a few blogs to get better circulation.

I been to MS a few times and found it to be an interesting state and I really enjoyed the history. What a great town Oxford was. I hope to get back there someday.

http://cecilhistory.blogspot.com/

www.cecilcounty.wordpress.com

I'll surf over periodically

Mike